The best way to search profiles on the site is use the City, State, and Zip code features in your search.Â Try not to add to many items in your search, becasue it will needlessly limit your matches.
If you are looking for matches to like interests, then the best feature you can use is the TAGS feature. On the top menu, you will see a tab called TAGS. Tags are individual keywords added to all the sections of the site as they are created.
1) Profile Tags - edit your profile and make sure you enter all the words which best describe your likes, interests, hobbies, and lifestyle. Add as many items as you wish, all separated by a comma.
2) Picture Tags- when uploading your pictures to either your profile, or to a public shared album, make sure you add tags to the picture describing elements of the picture.
3) Music Tags - When adding music to your profile or to share, you can add tags to show artist, type, genre, and more
4) Groups tags - When you create a group, you can add tags to the group to describe it further and make is easier to find in searches
5) Event tags - when an event is created, you can add tags to describe the event, location, venue, and more.
The biggest complaint of other sites, is that it was difficult to find people which match your interests. Well mysocialmatch.com allows the TAGS feature to completely describe all things you like and post on the website instead of restricting you to a meaningless 4-6 item list of interests.